Any strategy adds value only as far as it sharpens or enhances the answers to five existential questions that every enterprise should be asking itself every day:
1. What business or businesses should you be in?
2. How do you add value to your businesses?
3. Who are the target customers for your businesses?
4. What are your value propositions to those target customers?
5. What capabilities do you need to add value to your businesses and differentiate your value propositions?
These are called the Strategic Five