Here I am sitting in the kitchen on Friday 31st January, realizing that the first month of the year has already passed. The month has seen:
- The New Year celebrations and back to the grind of work with a bang
- Flooding across the UK and the worst rain for a long time
- I had to complete a tax return – again – and pay back some tax to the government
- Ella’s 17th birthday, her first driving lesson, and Dad taking her for a skiing lesson [last night] all the way to Milton Keynes
- A long term friend and associate dying after a long term battle with cancer
And what have I achieved? I have started to use this as a platform to share my thoughts, musings and also words and pictures that mean something to me. Work has sucked the creative spirit out of me – well one person has.
On the plus side, I have continued to mentor at Aylesbury P and that has kept my spirits up. I have started to research courses on counselling and I am planning to change my habits to do more writing – at least at the weekends. So, for January 2014 a roller coaster month of highs and some lows, but overall, a good start to 2014.
What has your first month of 2014 been like?